Last Updated: December 9, 2016
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY! IT CONTAINS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS, AS WELL AS LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS. THESE TERMS REQUIRE THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS, DO NOT ORDER/KEEP YOUR PRODUCT.
These Terms of Sale (this “Agreement”) apply to your purchase of products (“Product”) sold by Paperclip Parent (as defined below) or through www.papercliplife.com. You agree to these terms by placing your order. If you have already placed your order and no longer want to be bound to this Agreement then you must either promptly cancel your order or return your purchase. Please act promptly and note that these options may carry restocking or other fees.
- Binding Agreement. This Agreement may NOT be altered, supplemented or amended by any other document unless the new document is signed by both you and Paperclip Parent.
- Orders, Pricing and Payments. Paperclip Parent strives to communicate accurate pricing and product information but will not be held responsible for any pricing, typographical, or other errors in such communications. Your order is subject to cancellation by Paperclip Parent, in Paperclip Parent’s sole discretion. Unless otherwise agreed to by Paperclip Parent, payment must be received by Paperclip Parent prior to our acceptance of an order. Paperclip Parent may process payment for and ship parts of an order separately.
- Shipping. Product title passes to you when the Product is shipped. You have 21 days to notify Paperclip Parent of any missing, wrong, or damaged portion of your purchase or Paperclip Parent cannot be held responsible for these issues. Unless you provide Paperclip Parent with a valid and correct tax exemption certificate applicable to your purchase of Product and the Product ship-to location, you are responsible for sales and other taxes associated with the order.
Thank you for purchasing from Paperclip®! We hope you love our bags as much as we do, but in case you don’t, you have 21 days to return. Here’s how:
1 – Make sure it’s all just the way we sent it to you…meaning it’s unused, all hang tags attached, all parts included, and packaged just like new! Note: We’d love to take back “gently used” goods, but we can’t. There are plenty of places to find a good home for them, though!
2 – Contact our ‘Returns Department at email@example.com.
- In the email please add the customer’s name (First vand Last) . . . this should be the person who purchased the item (ie. hubby bought it for wife it will be under his name, not hers).
- Original order #. This can be found on the corresponding emails provided for order confirmation and shipping confirmation when purchased.
- What item(s) are being returned?
- For a full refund, you have 21 days from when you received the item, once we determined all above criteria has been met.
3 – Write the order # visibly on the outside of the package. This is important…we can’t accept any returns without an order number on the package.
4 – Then send it to us using a trackable method (e.g., UPS, FedEx). Note: We are not responsible for goods that get lost in transit if a trackable method is not used!
THE ULTIMATE FREIGHT MANAGEMENT
9215 Hall Rd.
Downey, CA 90241
Paperclip Parent, LLC is not responsible for lost or stolen items. We offer ROUTE SHIPPING INSURANCE as an add-on option in your cart. If theft is a concern, please consider adding this option.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL REFUNDS ARE EXCLUSIVE OF SHIPPING COSTS. All sales in connection with international orders (i.e. orders outside the continental United States) ARE FINAL, as such, Paperclip Parent does not offer returns or exchanges with respect to international sales. For any questions, comments or concerns regarding RETURNS OR EXCHANGES please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Warranties. Except as expressly made by Paperclip Parent in writing, Paperclip Parent MAKES NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER FOR Product. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THESE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Telephone Communications. Telephone communications with us, including calls with any of our agents or independent contractors, are routinely monitored and/or recorded. You expressly consent, on behalf of yourself and other users of your phone number, to being monitored or recorded. By providing us with a phone number (including mobile) as your contact number, you expressly authorize us to contact you regarding your account for non-telemarketing communications, via text message or telephone, including the use of prerecorded or auto-dialed calls, using that number.
- Limitation of Liability. Paperclip Parent DOES NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH HEREIN, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LIABILITY FOR PRODUCT NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR USE, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, Paperclip Parent WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY. YOU AGREE THAT FOR ANY LIABILITY RELATED TO THE PURCHASE OF PRODUCT, Paperclip Parent IS NOT LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AMOUNT OF DAMAGES ABOVE THE AMOUNT INVOICED FOR THE APPLICABLE PRODUCT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ENFORCE ALL OF THESE LIMITATIONS, AND ONLY THE LIMITATIONS THAT ARE LAWFULLY APPLIED TO YOU IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY. Purchases may not be resold or exported. Your purchase is for your own use, not for resale or export. Your purchase may not be sold, leased, or transferred to restricted countries, restricted end users, or for restricted end uses according to U.S. export and sanctions laws.
- Governing Law. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT THIS AGREEMENT, ANY SALES THEREUNDER, OR ANY CLAIM, DISPUTE OR CONTROVERSY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) BETWEEN YOU AND Paperclip Parent arising from or relating to this Agreement, its interpretation or the breach, termination or validity thereof, the relationships which result from this agreement, Paperclip Parent’s advertising, or any related purchase SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF California, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICTS OF LAW.
- Dispute Resolution and Binding Arbitration. YOU AND Paperclip Parent ARE AGREEING TO GIVE UP ANY RIGHTS TO LITIGATE CLAIMS IN A COURT OR BEFORE A JURY, OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION WITH RESPECT TO A CLAIM. OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU WOULD HAVE IF YOU WENT TO COURT MAY ALSO BE UNAVAILABLE OR MAY BE LIMITED IN ARBITRATION. ANY CLAIM, DISPUTE OR CONTROVERSY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER PRE-EXISTING, PRESENT OR FUTURE, AND INCLUDING STATUTORY, CONSUMER PROTECTION, COMMON LAW, INTENTIONAL TORT, INJUNCTIVE AND EQUITABLE CLAIMS) BETWEEN CUSTOMER AND Paperclip Parent, LLC, its agents, employees, successors, assigns, direct and indirect subsidiaries, and any third party providing any products or services to you in connection with your purchase (collectively “Paperclip Parent”) arising from or relating in any way to your purchase of Product, your use of the Site, this Agreement, its interpretation or the breach, termination or validity thereof, the relationships which result from this Agreement (including relationships with third parties who are not signatories to this Agreement), Paperclip Parent’s advertising or any related purchase SHALL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY AND FINALLY BY BINDING ARBITRATION. The arbitrator shall have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to arbitrability and/or enforceability of this arbitration provision including any unconscionability challenge or any other challenge that the arbitration provision or the Agreement is void, voidable or otherwise invalid. The arbitration shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) or JAMS (or a substitute forum if both are unavailable). Arbitration proceedings shall be governed by this provision and the applicable procedures of the selected arbitration administrator, including any applicable procedures for consumer-related disputes, in effect at the time the claim is filed. Consumer claimants (individuals whose transaction is intended for personal, family or household use) may elect to pursue their claims in small-claims court rather than arbitration. The arbitration or small-claims court proceeding will be limited solely to the customer’s individual dispute or controversy. You agree to arbitration on an individual basis. In any dispute, NEITHER CUSTOMER NOR Paperclip Parent SHALL BE ENTITLED TO JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS BY OR AGAINST OTHER CUSTOMERS, OR ARBITRATE OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLAIM AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE, CLASS MEMBER OR IN A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL CAPACITY. If any provision of this arbitration agreement is found unenforceable, the unenforceable provision shall be severed and the remaining arbitration terms shall be enforced (but in no case shall there be class arbitration). The arbitrator shall be empowered to grant whatever relief would be available in court under law or in equity. This transaction shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act 9 U.S.C. sec. 1-16 (FAA). Any award of the arbitrator(s) shall be final and binding on each of the parties, and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. Payment for all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the rules of the applicable arbitration administrator, provided, that Paperclip Parent will reimburse those fees for claims totaling less than $10,000 unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous. If you prevail on any claim that affords the prevailing party statutory attorneys’ fees, the arbitrator may award reasonable fees to you under the standards for fee shifting provided by law. Information on AAA or JAMS and their applicable rules are available at the following numbers and URLs: (i) American Arbitration Association: (800) 778-7879, adr.org; and (ii) JAMS: (800) 352-5267, www.jamsadr.com. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration each of you and Paperclip Parent waive any right to a jury trial. Moreover, each of you and Paperclip Parent both agree that either party may bring suit in court to enjoin infringement or misuse of intellectual property rights.